Consumer-grade Phones vs. Industrial Mobile Computers: Finding a Compromise with the New Dolphin 70e Black.
Consumer-grade smart phones don’t always measure up to the demands of a field-based work environment. Battery time isn’t long enough, they can break easily from drops and tumbles, and phone cameras don’t typically work well for scanning barcodes on a daily basis. And while a smart phone is often smaller and cheaper than a rugged class device, frequent replacements quickly add up. Honeywell Scanning and Mobility has designed a new enterprise hybrid device to offer mobile workers a new option.
Meet the New Dolphin 70e Black!
Honeywell’s new rugged smart device brings the look and feel of a smart phone to the mobile workforce. The Dolphin 70e Black provides an intuitive touch screen display, internet access, enterprise-class barcode scanning, and up to 12 hours of battery life. With an IP67 rating, the device is completely dust proof and allows for submersion in water.
Field professionals can take the device from warehouse to job site without concern of drops to concrete or exposure to the elements.
Input from current customers helped drive the 70e Black’s development, including the following features:
- IP67 rating allows for submersion in water and is completely dust-proof
- Enterprise-class area-imaging scanner
- Large 4.3′ capacitive touch display that can be viewed in direct sunlight
- Up to 12 hours of battery life with a user replaceable battery
- Lightweight and compact design – At 7 ounces and around ¾ inches thick it’s small enough to fit in a worker’s pocket
Stay tuned for more details! Devices will begin shipping with Windows operating systems and Android™ operating systems in February 2013. Click here to read Honeywell’s press release. And, please feel free to reach out to us for more details.