Honeywell has introduced its most durable mobile computer yet. The new Honeywell Dolphin 99EX is not only rugged but also offers extended battery life, (up to 16+ hours!). Furthermore, this device boasts improved scan technology and impressive wireless connectivity features.
The Honeywell Dolphin 99EX is the first product in Honeywell’s Mobility line to incorporate Adaptus Imaging Technology 6.0. Adaptus 6.0 provides faster decoding, enhanced motion tolerance, and longer reading distance. It also offers flexibility to operate in various work environments such as direct sunlight, darkness, and under fluorescent lights. We’ve had our hands on a demo unit and it scans everything!
Honeywell Dolphin 99EX Features
Honeywell’s Dolphin 99EX has an IP67 rating for protection against water or dust, (Read: What is an IP rating?) and can withstand 6-foot drops to concrete.
Like other Honeywell mobile devices, The 99EX fits well in various work environments but it is ultimately designed for the transportation and logistics worker. The device is equipped with high-speed wireless, voice, and data communication and allows for on-the-fly switching between cellular carriers for uninterrupted service.
UPS recently teamed up with Honeywell to supply drivers with new handheld computers, or as UPS calls the units internally, the DIAD V (Delivery Information Acquisition Device V).
Dolphin 99EX Features:
- Full wireless coverage for applications inside and outside the four walls – Voice and data, “n” WiFi, assisted GPS, and data coverage for GSM and CDMA
- Switch between cellular carriers on-the-fly – Switch between GSM and CDMA carriers or between two GSM or two CDMA carriers for uninterrupted service
- Adaptus Imaging Technology 6.0 – Faster decoding, excellent motion tolerance, longer read distance, works in the dark, sunlight, or fluorescent lighting
- Durable – IP67 Rating, withstands 6-foot drops to concrete and 2,000 1m tumbles
- Battery life for a full shift – up to 9.5 hours (standard battery), or 16.5 hours with an extended battery
- Ergonomic form factor – lightweight, designed for one-handed use
- Large chemically strengthened 3.7” VGA display – Great for indoors, outdoors, easy to see in direct sunlight, industrial touch panel
- Multiple keypad options available
- Smart Sensors – Motion sensor to rotate the screen or wake up when the device is moved, light sensor adjusts screen brightness and keypad light, proximity sensor turns off display when the device is face down