Cut the Cost of Doing Census
In life sciences, tracking samples, people, equipment/devices, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals, as well as compounds, can seem like a daunting task. With different items being tracked, figuring out what process should be used to track the various items could be complicated as well as time-consuming. That’s where RFIDPros come in. We have been working with barcode and RFID technologies for over 20 years, and our experience, as well as knowledge, can lead you to the right solution.
Whether you are tracking samples in a lab, production of pharmaceuticals, or people going in and out of a hospital storage room, we have the solution that fits your needs. We will work with you, weigh the pros and cons of the different solutions, and finally work with you to determine which solution would work best in your facility.
The Benefits of Using RFID in Life Sciences Fields
Many laboratories have seen the benefits of using RFID in their facility, especially when it comes to taking census. There are many benefits including:
- RFID and 2D barcode are UDI (Unique Device Identifiers) which will help you meet FDA requirements.
- Traceability of devices, instruments, and critical chemicals/reagents used for developing compounds.
- Allows workstation tracking with hands-free RFID recording of sample location which gives you faster/up to the minute visibility for customer status inquiries.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of items moving in and out of the facility.
Biological research facilities rely on performing cage census for billing purposes, but they often underestimate the cost of managing and counting the cages that make business happen. Or worse, they do not get an accurate count and are unable to accurately locate cages.
Luckily, we have a solution that can solve challenges often seen in testing labs: Vivarium Census System.
Vivarium Census System – Census Software
RFIDPros’ Vivarium Census System, or VCS, is adaptable to any research facility and provides value by:
- Improving the accuracy of cage counts
- Eliminating the costs associated with “bad” census data
- Counting and locating cages
- Providing information access to all authorized personnel
- Billing processes
Learn more about how RFIDPros’ technology solutions can reduce your risk by giving you more control over your facilities census. Check out some of our recommended products below.