Fork Truck & Vehicle Mounted Computers
Vehicle mount computers are an integral part of warehouse operations. If you have any equipment such as forklifts moving through the warehouse, docks or yard, you will want a mobile technology with the capacity to increase productivity and reduce errors throughout the operation. Product information is accurate, complete and accessible in real time from receiving to storing, moving around, cross docking and picking.
Benefits of Vehicle Mount Computers
The primary benefit of vehicle mount computers is that the data is being captured, processed and applied where the action is.
- The vehicle computer tells your driver exactly what batch to pick up.
- The driver has detailed information at his fingertips on where to store the product such as a bin or rack number. He then confirms the putaway is complete.
- Moving product. A vehicle mount computer can track product in real time while it is being moved within your warehouse or even cross docked for immediate shipping.
- The real time accuracy of information right in the vehicle that is picking the product eliminates human error in selecting the wrong product.
- Again, it is a vehicle mount computer than can immediately confirm the right product is being moved onto the right truck for shipping, eliminating human error.
You can see the results immediately.
- Customer satisfaction when they receive the product they ordered
- Increased driver productivity with a more efficient workflow as essential information is immediately available
- Immediate response to real time information about equipment failure, stock storages, misplacement or missing parts
- More efficient and safer use of vehicle as there is a confidence in applying information from readily visible computer screen
Features of Vehicle Mount Computers
Although the needs of each business operation are unique, there are a few common features you will want to consider when researching vehicle mount computers, including:
- Compact to fit into tight spaces in the vehicle
- Smart docking for easy switch off to another vehicle
- Lightweight for one handed docking and undocking
- Touch screens for easy use
- Backlit keyboard
- Highly visible color screen that adapts to low or bright lighting
- Capacity for voice application
- Ruggedized to work in tough environments, including extreme temperatures
- Easily replaceable front panels so no downtime
- Capacity for optional radio communication
- Integration into other information systems such as purchasing or invoicing
An RMS Omega specialist can provide you with a full service solution to implementing mobile computer technology on your warehouse vehicles. They will walk you through your operational processes, identify your specific needs, review all options with you and recommend the most appropriate product.