Warehouse Management Software (WMS) Systems
WMS systems provide immediate real time information to floor-level employees, supervisors, and upper-level management so they may efficiently operate their facility and meet delivery and production goals at lower costs. RMS Omega works with the industry’s leading manufacturers and software developers to implement the latest in mobile computing, barcoding, and RFID technology in warehouse and distribution centers.
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) are integral parts of the supply chain, controlling the movement and storage of materials and inventory while posting asset accounting transactions in real-time, thus increasing inventory accuracy (99%).
- WMS provides significant reduction in order fulfillment cost and reduction in charge-backs.
- WMS utilizes Auto ID and Data Capture — including barcode scanners, mobile computers, wireless LANs, and RFID technology to efficiently monitor the flow of inventory.
- WMS provides users with stem-to-stern operational control over corporate logistic, with near absolute accuracy, greatly enhances the ability to ship on-time while complying with required electronic shipment notifications (ASN, EDI, TMS).
- Easy to learn and simple to use Windows applications with Graphical User Interfaces puts WMS into mainstream operations of the DC with minimal training and installation time.
Managing Inventory in the Warehouse
Managing inventory is the primary function of many small to mid-sized businesses, whether they are warehouses, retail outlets or service providers. Because the kind, volume and condition of inventory are significant factors in determining profitability, it is time to consider installing inventory management software. Then, you will have immediate access to the details of your current inventory, how much you have, exactly where it is in your storage system and even the condition of it.
If you are still doing a pen and paper inventory in your warehouse, you will be pleased to discover that even a basic computerized barcode technology for tracking inventory has advantages for both management and front line employees:
- Increased productivity with automated inventory tracking
- No overstocking or shortages
- Easier to find items for shipping, selling or service calls
- Easy to do physical counts and cycle counts
- Accurate, up to date, complete data for planning and performance management