RMS Omega is trained and authorized to help you design your next RFID tracking system using premium equipment from Zebra Technologies. Zebra Technologies is an industry leader in manufacturing RFID equipment, including fixed and handheld RFID readers, printers, antennas, tags, and more. The team at RMS is ready to help you with all things Zebra and has implemented RFID tracking applications in healthcare organizations, business and warehouses. Contact us today for help with your next RFID project!
Key features of RFID technology:
- No line of sight required to read / scan a tag – tracking products or people can occur from anywhere within a predetermined range
- No limit to the amount of data that can be stored
- Capacity to read up to 200 tags at once
- No tight controls about position of tags on item as long as they are not blocked by metals or water
- Functional inside and outside, even in harsh environments
There are three main components to RFID tracking solutions:
- Printers which digitally encode accurate, complete data in the RFID tag; either desk top or handheld to be at point-of-application
- RFID tags or labels that are available with many options such as Gen1 or Gen2, HF or UHF, depending on what you need for storage capacity, substances in environment, reading distance and volume to be processed at one time
- Readers that can be fixed or handheld, depending on flexibility needed for volume, configuration or storage facility, density of data images and visibility in the field; some devices can also read barcode images
Learn more about using RFID for:
RMS Omega has extensive experience designing, deploying and managing automated data collection and data capture systems using barcode, RFID and wireless technologies with businesses and healthcare systems nationwide.