Fork Truck & Vehicle Mount Computers
Vehicle mount computers are an integral part of warehouse operations. If you have any equipment such as forklifts moving through the warehouse, docks, or yard, you will want mobile technology with the capacity to increase productivity and reduce errors throughout the operation while fitting into your workflows. This ensures product information is accurate, complete, and accessible in real-time – from receiving to storing, moving around, cross-docking, and picking.
Benefits of Vehicle Mount Computers
The primary benefit of vehicle mount computers is that the data is captured, processed, and applied where the action is.
- Simplified Picking and Put Back – The vehicle computer tells your driver exactly what batch to pick up and where it is located. Drivers have detailed information at their fingertips on where to store the product such as a bin or rack number.
- Moving product – A vehicle mount computer allows for product data to be up-to-date in your backend system while it is being moved within your warehouse or even cross-docked for immediate shipping.
- Real-Time Picking Accuracy – The real-time accuracy of information right in the vehicle that is picking the product eliminates human error in selecting the wrong product.
Results can be seen almost instantaneously with:
- Customer satisfaction when they receive the correct product they ordered
- Increased driver productivity with a more efficient workflow as essential information is immediately available
- Immediate response to real-time information about equipment failure, a stock shortage, and/or lost and misplaced items.
- Increased safety and productivity in workflows that require vehicle operation.
Features of Vehicle Mount Computers
Although the needs of each business operation are unique, there are a few common features you will want to consider when researching vehicle mount computers, including:
- Compact to fit into tight spaces in the vehicle.
- Smart docking for easy switch off to another vehicle.
- Lightweight for one-handed docking and undocking.
- Touch screens for easy use.
- Backlit keyboard.
- A highly visible color screen that adapts to low or bright lighting.
- Capacity for voice application.
- Ruggedized to work in tough environments, including extreme temperatures.
- Easily replaceable front panels.
- Capacity for optional radio communication.
- Integration into other information systems such as purchasing or invoicing.
An RMS Omega specialist can provide you with a full-service solution for implementing mobile computing technology on your warehouse vehicles. They will walk you through your operational processes, identify your specific needs, review all options with you, and recommend the most appropriate product.