The Benefits of a Hospital Patient ID Wristband with Barcode
Patient identifier wristbands are ideal for hospitals, clinics, and even senior citizen homes. The hospital patient ID wristband contains an easy-to-scan barcode as well as other patient identifiers. The band provides essential health care information such as the patient’s name, previous conditions, allergies, what type of medicine should be administered, and medicine dosage.
Introducing Z-Band Antimicrobial Wristbands
With many choices for wristbands, we often recommend Z-Bands, one of the most durable antimicrobial wristbands available. Z-Band Antimicrobial wristbands stand up to not only moisture but a wide variety of hand sanitizers to ensure optimum image durability and
scanning performance. They are MR Safe, Latex free, and available with adhesive or clip closures in multiple colors and sizes to comfortably fit all types of patients.
Z-Band Wristbands features include:
- Antimicrobial coating
- Resistance to water, soap, foam, alcohol, and chemicals
- Can be worn during MRI procedures
- Come with an easy-to-use, pressure-sensitive clip closure, or adhesive tabs allowing staff to print and securely fasten in less than a minute
It should also be noted that these wristbands meet patient ID guidelines set forth by the American Hospital Association.
Choosing the Right Barcode Scanner
While investing in high-quality patient id wristbands is essential, you will also want a reliable barcode reader. Your barcode scanners should be designed for an entire shift, withstand constant cleaning, and work quickly and accurately so your staff can focus on patient care.
An ideal scanner should be:
- Able to capture all types of bar codes, even those which have been damaged
- Easy to use
- Charge quickly and last an entire shift
With all the above characteristics, one of the barcode scanners we recommend is Honeywell Xenon Series Scanner, which works with Bluetooth connectivity without impeding the staff’s activity around the patients. Honeywell Scanners are equipped with custom sensors optimized for barcode scanning. Disinfectant housing provides ideal protection against common cleaning agents, and Honeywell’s operational intelligence software provides on-demand insights into scanner usage.
The Xenon Ultra for healthcare is a premium evolution of the widely known legacy Xenon and Xenon XP healthcare scanners, taking our industry-leading scan performance and reliability one step further.
The Xenon Ultra 1960h incorporates Honeywell’s next generation of scanning – allowing patient care to stay top priority for clinicians, improving retention of employees and lowering the total cost of ownership for hospitals.
- Disinfectant Ready Anti-Microbial Housing
- The Honeywell ScannerManagement Utility (SMU) creates a holistic solution that automates how you deploy and update the scanners in your environment.
- Multiple operating modes, such as Patient Do-Not-Disturb, Vibration, and Scan Lamp, are available to ensure maximum patient comfort while maintaining clinician productivity.
- Standard Range (SR) or High Density (HD) Scanning Range
Contact us for more information about selecting the right scanners and wristbands for your health system.