Consumer-grade iPads and tablets have been the norm in healthcare due to their affordability and ease of use, however, they have many shortcomings. For example, the inability to disinfect devices properly, IT safety concerns, frequent repair and maintenance costs, no barcode scanning, and slower performance all limit their functionality and clinician productivity. On the other hand, Zebra’s affordable android healthcare tablets, the ET40 and ET45, provide rugged enterprise-grade performance, delivering greater value to clinicians.
Although Zebra’s ET40 & ET45 healthcare tablets have a sleek design akin to consumer tablets, their rugged drop rating and disinfectant-ready housing prove otherwise. Additionally, the lightspeed wireless connectivity of Zebra’s ET series has the edge over consumer tablets with Wi-Fi 6 for connecting to hospital networks and 5G for field workers. Furthermore, Zebra’s healthcare tablets provide superior computing power and data collection capabilities that consumer-grade alternatives cannot match.
More Features for Zebra’s Adaptable Android Healthcare Tablets
Consumer tablets not only lack certain functions but require frequent repairs and maintenance, adding to your TCO. Equip your healthcare staff with reliable mobile computing and greater functionality with Zebra’s ET40 & ET45 healthcare tablets. Key features include:
- Rugged Design – 3ft drop rating, -4°F to 122°F operating temperature, and built with disinfectant-ready, medical-grade plastics.
- Dependable Performance – 7600 mAh high-capacity PowerPrecision battery keeps tablets charged and identifies any issues with battery health. Wi-Fi 6 and 5G wireless capabilities provide instant connection in the hospital or out in the field.
- Integrated Scanning – built-in 1D and 2D scan engine for error-proof patient ID and medication administration.
- Accessorize & Adapt – adapt your tablet for any workflow with a variety of Zebra accessories, including hand straps, desktop charging mounts, and workstation mounts.
- High-Res Display & Camera – 10.1-inch WXGA 1920×1200 display with Corning Gorilla Glass. Front and rear-facing cameras for document and image capture.
- Optional Workforce Communication Integration – perform call, text, video, and push-to-talk communication with Zebra software integration right off of the device.
See The ET40 & Et45 Healthcare Tablets In Action
Hospital staff and patients depend on intuitive technology built for the demands of healthcare environments. Overall, the ET40 & 45 provide an affordable, feature-rich Android upgrade over consumer devices. The features of the ET series allow it to excel in the following healthcare applications.
- Everyday clinician use – scan barcodes, access patient data, run enterprise software and EHRs, capture images, collaborate with teams, and more.
- Telehealth – leverage light-speed connectivity and a high-resolution camera for video consultation.
- Patient check-in – replace paper, consumer tablets, and kiosks with a sanitary and disinfectant-ready option.
- Remote care – connect seamlessly in the field with 5G data and collaborate with healthcare teams.
RMS Omega has over 20+ years of working with hospitals and healthcare providers. Our goal is to implement data collection solutions that lower costs, improve accuracy, and ultimately deliver better patient care. Contact our team today for a demo of Zebra’s ET40 or Et45 tablets.