All warehouses are not the same. And neither are scanners.
Make sure you are selecting your technology with purpose. Choose the warehouse barcode scanner that works best for the specific application it will be used in. There are many benefits of using the right warehouse barcode scanner – they can increase employee productivity, improve order accuracy, and reduce order processing time and order-to-ship time.
Different scanners work well in different applications throughout your business. In the warehouse, you’ll need a scanner that is heavy-duty and able to survive harsh industrial conditions. Rugged scanners can survive the harsh reality of any warehouse environment, including temperature variances, drops, dust, and weather.
Heavy-Duty Industrial Warehouse Barcode Scanners
Rugged handheld area-imaging scanners come in both wired and wireless models. Built for rugged applications in the warehouse, distribution centers, and in industrial manufacturing these scanners can also support proof of delivery and point-of-service applications. It allows users to scan all types of barcodes. It has a fast read time and supports images and real-time video captures. Some additional features and benefits include:
- Can withstand drops to concrete or steel from 6.5 feet.
- Able to operate in both hot and cold temperature extremes.
- Can survive constant forklift vibrations as well as windblown dust and rain.
- Easy to use and not much user training.
- Has a comfortable grip and omnidirectional scanning capability to improve operator efficiency.
- Can connect through full-speed USB 2.0 wired or Bluetooth wireless.
- Can scan up to 500 inches per second.
These devices have multiple scanning configurations that can be set to read specific barcode symbologies or decode poor-quality or damaged symbols.
Printers, labels, and more.
You’ll need a barcode printer and high-quality labels to complement your warehouse barcode scanner to have the total solution. Use a high-performance printer in the warehouse. They are rugged, have high print speeds, and are the perfect solution for high-volume printing.
Some key features include:
- Strong, all-metal construction
- Modular design
- All-in-one, user-select-able printer languages
- Interchangeable print head to provide the choice of print resolution
- Secure wireless connectivity