All warehouses are not the same. And neither are scanners.
Make sure you are selecting your technology with purpose. Choose the warehouse barcode scanner that works best for the specific application it will be used in. There are many benefits of using the right warehouse barcode scanner – they can increase employee productivity, improve order accuracy, and reduce order processing time and order to ship time.
Different scanners work well in different applications throughout your business. In the warehouse, you’ll need a scanner that is heavy duty and able survive harsh industrial conditions. Rugged scanners can survive the harsh reality of any warehouse environment, including temperature variances, drops, dust, and weather.
SR61 Heavy-Duty Industrial Warehouse Barcode Scanner
Honeywell’s SR61 is a handheld area-imaging scanner that comes in both wired and wireless models. It was built for rugged applications in the warehouse, distribution centers, and in industrial manufacturing. The SR61 scanner can also support proof of delivery and point of service applications. It allows users to scan both 1D and 2D barcodes. It has a fast read time and supports images and real time video captures. Some additional features and benefits include:
- Can withstand 26 drops to concrete or steel from 6.5 feet.
- Able to operate in both hot and cold temperature extremes.
- Can survive constant forklift vibrations as well as windblown dust and rain.
- Easy to use and not much user training.
- Has a comfort grip and omni-directional scanning capability to improve operator efficiency.
- Can connect through full speed USB 2.0 wired or Bluetooth wireless.
- Can scan up to 500 inches per second.
The SR61 has multiple scanning configurations. It can be set to read specific barcode symbologies or decode poor quality or damaged symbols.
Other devices to use with the SR61
In order to have the total solution, you’ll need a barcode printer that works well with your warehouse barcode scanner. Use a high performance printer in the warehouse. They are rugged, have high print speeds, and are the perfect solution for high volume printing.
Honeywell’s PX4i and PX6i printers work well with the SR61 warehouse barcode scanner. Some key features include:
- Strong, all-metal construction
- Modular design
- All-in-one, user-select-able printer languages
- Interchangeable print head to provide choice of print resolution
- Secure wireless connectivity
Contact us for more information on warehouse barcode scanners, printers, or any warehousing devices.