Hospital Device Management Challenges
Clinician performance and the delivery of care are greatly impacted by having properly working, charged, and functional mobile devices. Healthcare mobile computers, printers, and tablets need to be in working order and accounted for so they can be ready to use around the clock for collecting and retrieving patient data quickly, securely, and accurately. Whether it’s maintaining accurate patient records or connecting quickly to the right caregiver, healthcare workers and facilities can’t afford to have missing, dead, or inoperable IT. As a result, hospital device management becomes a unique challenge for healthcare IT teams managing large mobile fleets while balancing IT security, a constant flow of workers checking devices in/out, and the need for 24/7 reliability.
Zebra Intelligent Cabinets solve common hospital device management challenges by consolidating management, storage, and access to healthcare companion devices. These cabinets are not only storage solutions, but an IT tool for making sure assets are being properly accounted for, charged, and updated for the next shift. Furthermore, they centralize IT fleet management with simultaneous software updates and centralized access control.
Intelligent cabinets are an ideal fit for healthcare organizations looking to prevent:
- Damaged, stolen, or lost devices.
- Long wait times for patients to receive care due to IT that isn’t ready for the shift ahead.
- IT that can’t provide shift-long clinician support.
- A lack of staff accountability or chain of custody over devices.
- Inability to execute clinician tasks like specimen collection and medication administration.
A Centralized Device Management System
Equip each cabinet with Zebra’s Access Management SystemTM (ZAMS) for advanced fleet intelligence, performance, security, and reporting.
By combining Zebra’s cabinets with the ZAMS system, IT teams can enforce device access control and document chain of custody. The ZAM system provides a central pane of glass for device management and access control with features like:
- Locking cradles to control device access to permitted users.
- Centralized charging and storage to push updates.
- Dashboard to monitor device performance and battery life.
- Customized alerts after device events like check-in/check-out, reported lost, not returned, etc.
Take control over your healthcare mobile IT by getting more information on Zebra’s Intelligent Cabinets.