It is important to accurately track medication throughout the hospital. Without a tracking system in place, patients are at risk of being given incorrect medications which can put them at harm. Make sure your hospital begins tracking medications at the pharmacy by using pharmacy barcode scanners.
To accurately and easily track medication in the pharmacy, you’re going to need a reliable barcode scanner. But with so many barcode scanners out there today, how do you know which one to choose? Different scanners have strengths in different applications, while some are better in industrial environments, others are better for patient identification or inventory tracking.
Barcode scanners by Honeywell provide a quick and accurate way to verify prescriptions and medications. Honeywell has handheld scanners as well as hands-free scanning options for the pharmacy. Honeywell healthcare scanners increase accuracy in a variety of healthcare applications including in the pharmacy. Honeywell’s line of healthcare scanners are also made with specialized disinfectant-ready plastics to minimize the risk of spreading infectious diseases.
Recommended Pharmacy Barcode Scanners by Honeywell:
Xenon 1902h Area-Imaging Scanner
Honeywell’s Xenon 1902h healthcare area image scanner is easy to use and has a very small footprint which is why it’s ideal for use in hospital pharmacies. The Xenon 1902h is reliable and has the option to connect via Bluetooth. Some key features include:
- Long-lasting lithium-ion battery with tool-free access.
- Flexible radio power management.
- Disinfectant-ready housing.
- Can be managed remotely.
SF61B Rugged 1D/2D Pocket Scanner
Honeywell’s SF61B makes data collection more efficient than ever before. It has the industry’s fastest 2D imaging technology for snappy, omnidirectional scanning. It features a compact form factor and available quick attach/release system which enables rapid, on-demand scanning. It is also extremely durable and can withstand up to 26 6.5-foot drops to concrete. Some additional features include:
- Rugged, performance scanning for the mobile worker
- Full-size scanning performance
- Can connect via Bluetooth
- Battery lasts well beyond a full shift, even in scan-intensive applications
Genesis 7580 Hands-Free Scanner
Honeywell’s Genesis 7580 is a hands-free area-imaging scanner that can scan 1D, PDF, and 2D barcodes to increase productivity. It has an elegant yet durable design and a small footprint. Some features and benefits include:
- Motion tolerance: Aggressively reads bar codes passing by the scan window
- Multiple on-board interfaces: Reduces overall system cost
- Image capture: Improves document management by capturing and storing electronic images, including coupons, personal checks, signatures, and damaged packages
- TotalFreedom: Load image processing, decoding, and formatting plug-ins directly on the scanner instead of the host system
- Can be managed remotely