RMS Omega believes in acting as a service partner with its customers, rather than simply a vendor. This means we are continually striving to identify emerging technologies and practices which will help improve operational efficiencies for our clients. Wearable barcode scanner technology is one such next-generation application. Using a ring-style scanner will improve the efficiency of operations in just about every situation, from warehouses and distribution centers to retail stores.
Why Use a Wearable Barcode Scanner
The use of a wearable barcode scanner means the worker has both hands free to perform tasks more efficiently. Handling large packages, picking up small parts, sorting items, and loading a cart or truck are just some of the jobs that can be done faster and more accurately with two hands. The wearable device gives workers complete freedom of movement to undertake barcode reading tasks safely and comfortably without having to stop to grab a scanner.
When paired with the appropriate mobile computer, the use of a wearable scanner means:
- Workers no longer waste time putting an item down to refer to a written work order or picking up a hand scanner to input a barcode
- More work gets done and productivity increases without having to add more staff
- Real-time inventory data helps prevent out of stocks
- Improved task accuracy
RMS Omega Partners with Zebra
At RMS Omega, we work with the best manufacturers in the industry to provide high-quality wearable scanning devices to our customers. We are pleased to be partnered with Zebra, a global leader in state-of-the-art laser and image-based hardware for data collection, including wearable barcode scanners and robust mobile printers.
The ring option of Zebra barcode scanning technology (RS419 Ring Scanner) showcases innovative features, including:
- Patented adaptive scanning for accuracy up close and as far away as 15 feet
- Ability to switch between narrow and wide scans while searching for the barcode
- Patented liquid polymer in the scan element comes with a lifetime warranty as it is frictionless, so will not wear out
- Durable enough to survive bumps and drops of 4’ to concrete
- Ruggedized to withstand -4˚ to 122˚F
- Lightweight (2 oz.) and small enough (1.9” x 1.4” x 1.9 ”) to fit comfortably on any size hand all day long
At RMS Omega we understand the importance of having a reliable barcode scanning system. No one can afford to have breakdowns and delays in a busy warehouse operation. That is why our RMS Omega service technicians are up to date in their training so we maintain our Zebra Authorized Service Provider (ZASP) status.