Streamline Manufacturing Operations
Manufacturing: Streamline Manufacturing Operations
Today’s highly automated manufacturing processes require reliable tracking of materials, parts or goods along the entire supply chain. When the number of goods flowing through the process increases and the processes become more complex, asset identification with a help of RFID technology not only increases efficiency, it becomes the backbone of the whole production line.
RFIDPros enable increased automation in goods tracking at several phases in today’s manufacturing and/or logistic chains. RFID brings visibility and efficiency starting from managing the prototype parts until the outbound distribution of the finished goods.
Manufacturing processes often times involve processes in harsh environmental conditions (e.g. high temperature, humidity, abrasion, presence of chemicals or other fluids) in which traditional barcode labels are poorly suited for. RFID systems are utilized at several phases of manufacturing to increase efficiency and reliability.
BENEFITS TO MANUFACTURERS AND LOGISTICS OPERATOR
- Reduced operating costs due to improved operational efficiency (e.g. increased automation) and minimized loss of assets and production waste.
- Reduced shipping errors and increased visibility and supplier collaboration within a supply chain.
- Improved security and proof of authenticity with increased visibility of goods within a supply chain.
- More accurate inventories.
- Cost reduction through minimized buffer inventories and increased inventory turnover.
- Better control over materials – right parts and components are readily available for the just-in-time production.
- Improved utilization of assets and resources by minimizing waiting times and eliminating waste or re-work.
Within today’s competitive global landscape, manufacturers are looking for new ways to reduce labor, keep material costs low, and limit production errors; all while increasing product quality and speed of delivery. RFID technology can be the answer to many of these challenges, and with over 20 years of experience helping companies and industry leaders find and build their own RFID solutions, RFIDPros is ready to help take your business to the next level too. Contact one of our highly-qualified solutions engineers to discover how RFID can be used to improve your business