Streamlined Manufacturing Operations
RFID Streamlines Manufacturing Operations Which Results in Overall Facility Improvements
Today’s highly automated manufacturing processes require reliable tracking of materials, parts or goods along the entire supply chain. When the number of goods flowing through your supply chain increases and processes become more complex, asset identification with a help of RFID technology not only increases efficiency, it becomes the backbone of the whole production line.
RFIDPros enables increased automation in goods tracking at several phases in today’s manufacturing and/or logistic supply chains. RFID brings visibility and efficiency starting from managing the prototype parts until the outbound distribution of the finished goods.
Manufacturing processes often times involve processes in harsh environmental conditions (e.g. high temperature, humidity, abrasion, the presence of chemicals or other fluids) in which traditional barcode labels are poorly suited for. Companies use RFID at several phases of manufacturing to increase efficiency and reliability.
Benefits of an RFID Solution For Manufacturing Companies
- Reduced operating costs due to improved operational efficiency (e.g. increased automation) and minimized loss of assets and production waste.
- Reduced shipping errors and increased visibility and supplier collaboration within a supply chain.
- Improved security and proof of authenticity with increased visibility of goods within a supply chain.
- More accurate inventories.
- Cost reduction through minimized buffer inventories and increased inventory turnover.
- Better control over materials – right parts and components are readily available for the just-in-time production.
- Improved utilization of assets and resources by minimizing waiting times and eliminating waste or re-work.
Within today’s competitive global landscape, we’ve found that manufacturers want to reduce labor, keep material costs low, and limit production errors; all while increasing product quality and speed of delivery. RFID technology can be the answer to many of these challenges, and with over 20 years of experience helping companies and industry leaders find and build their own RFID solutions, RFIDPros is ready to help take your business to the next level too. So, contact one of our highly-qualified solutions engineers to discover how RFID can be used to improve your business