RFID Solutions Provide Visibility to Utility Companies
RFID solutions provide companies with the visibility, flexibility, and real-time information they need to manage equipment and personnel effectively.
- Increase productivity and spend less time looking for equipment
- Improve production uptime and respond quickly to failures and outages
- Improve equipment maintenance with timely inspections and informed repair decisions
- Increase asset utilization and reduce inventory stock levels
- Improve worker safety by quickly locating and responding to ‘man down’ situations
- Meet compliance requirements to ensure a safe workplace
RFID success starts with clearly identifying the specific business problem you want to address. This information will help determine the most cost-effective components and deployment path for meeting your needs, including whether or not RFID is the best fit for your project.
The Top 3 Ways RFID & Location Solutions Can Improve Public Utility Operations
- Smarter Asset Management:
Automated tracking and location technology provides visibility for every important tool or asset across your enterprise. Knowing where to find valuable tools, cables, wires, machinery, and equipment or to how to find and recall hidden resources dramatically reduces the downtime spent looking for missing or misplaced assets.
- Improved Customer Service:
A location intelligence platform can evaluate which customers may be affected by a natural hazard or equipment failure, allowing service providers time to communicate with their customers in advance. Location intelligence can also help providers dynamically and responsively route technicians in the field to important or emergency service requests, while also making sure they have the appropriate tools for the task at hand.
- Better Analytics & Reporting:
Antennas, tags, and beacons can collect and centrally store real-time data for equipment, vehicles, tools, inventory, and all types of assets across every location. A location engine can then take this data and develop prescriptive analytics and actionable insights for decision-makers. Access to asset data allows public utility organizations to enhance their operations and ultimately work towards providing the best value and cost to their market.
Benefits of RFID for the Utility Industry
RFID’s bulk data capture capabilities are used in a variety of applications to deliver multiple benefits with little or no human effort:
- Asset Management
- Inventory Control
- Tool Tracking
- Access Control
- Employee Training Tracking
- Hazardous Materials Management
- Equipment Maintenance Management
- Employee Location Tracking / Worker Safety
- Regulatory Compliance
Our RFID tracking solutions are built to meet specific industry requirements. We also have developed specific systems for numerous energy and utility applications based on our customized platforms. This scalable RFID tracking solution enables us to quickly to meet your particular needs.
RFID can be deployed as a point solution or leveraged as an RFID infrastructure, providing a platform to enable your entire enterprise to benefit from RFID tracking. With this strategic approach, we can help you determine which applications will deliver the most short-term value and successfully implement them. This approach allows you to start small, tracking specific items such as spare parts, oil pipe, and casings or people.
Working with RFID Pros
From the beginning, you will have a clear idea of what the overall RFID infrastructure will look like. Should you choose to expand, each new application can utilize the existing infrastructure, providing flexibility for potential use cases throughout your enterprise.
With more than 20 years of experience in automatic data collection and RFID, we can help you determine:
- Which technologies can provide the greatest short-term benefits to your energy and utility operations right now? Which may do so in the future?
- What applications can deliver the most value to your operations?
- Which applications allow you to leverage an investment in an RFID tracking system, both today and in the future?
- Where should you begin?
RFID Pros specializes in RFID tracking solutions and is a certified, platinum partner with major manufacturers. We offer a large selection of RFID hardware, including readers and rugged tags for use across a large variety of applications and challenging environments. Check out products recommended for use in utility companies.