Reduce Errors with Accurate Labeling in the Lab
It all starts with the right label.
Reliable barcoded labels help labs safeguard patient safety through accurate, private, and efficient specimen identification, from time of collection to delivery of results.
When selecting multi-purpose lab labels, be sure to consider…
- Using direct thermal paper to provide sharp text and reliable barcode printing
- Moister and heat resistance
- Where surface contamination may interfere with bar code scanning
- Temperature and humidity exposure
- Where surface abrasion may be a concern
- Surface size of vials and slides
Microscope Slide Labels
Consider using a polypropylene thermal transfer label. Labels are available in several varieties including matte, high-gloss, top-coated films.
- Label stock should offer moisture and or heat resistance
- Provide excellent tear, smear and abrasion resistance
- Provide superior stain and solvent resistance to ensure accurate identification through laboratory specimen processing
Using a mobile printing and labeling system can greatly reduce errors by allowing a clinician to immediately label blood or specimen draw right at the bedside. Using barcoding for identification and verification at the bedside not only reduces errors, but improves process efficiency and cost effectiveness.