Healthcare Labels and Wristbands For Accurate Data Collection
Healthcare labels and wristbands have many unique requirements and can face a variety of environmental challenges. Accurate data collection relies on labels and wristbands to adapt to adverse conditions and patient comfort.
To ensure successful printing and reading of healthcare labels, it is important to work with a knowledgeable expert who can help you find the right printing supplies for your application.
Labels and Wristbands For Common Healthcare Applications
The versatile range of healthcare applications requires label types with unique specifications such as different label materials, sizes, colors, adhesive types, and designs.
- Positive Patient ID – wristbands are designed for both patient comfort and usability. This enables clinicians to obtain an array of patient data from a single scan.
- Specimen Tracking – The right label type is critical for proper specimen tracking. Subsequently, these labels must accommodate small test tubes and vials, as well as different types of storage and environments.
- Blood Bag & IV Labels – Blood bag labels must be able to house large, high-quality barcodes for accurate and quick data collection.
- Cryogenic & Cold Storage – Cold storage and cryogenics require durable polyolefin labels that can withstand extreme conditions.
- Autoclaving – Sterilization is required for many pieces of equipment. Simultaneously, labels on these items must be able to retain their adhesion and quality through high heat, pressure, and moisture.