Selecting the Right Labels & Tags.
RMS Omega can arrange to meet any and every need with a cost effective, high quality labeling solution.
The more information you have about each work environment, the more effective your label decision will be. After a thorough review of the environment, the following products might be suggested:
- Freezer grade labels with cold-temp permanent acrylic adhesive which can resist moisture if going through freeze and thaw cycles
- FDA compliant labels
- Labels with adhesive that works on oil, greasy or dirty surfaces
- Labels for laboratories to withstand sterilization, autoclaves, centrifuges, UV light, X-rays and MRI
- Labels with permanent acrylic adhesive that can adhere to the small curved surface of a specimen vial
- Wristband labels for accurate patient identification and safety
- Pre-printed labels with variable data and barcodes
- Digital artwork to make the product stand out
Direct Thermal & Thermal Transfer Labels
Direct Thermal Labels
Direct Thermal Labels do not require a ribbon. The direct thermal label is chemically coated to react to temperature. Image is produced as heat is applied to the surface of the coated material. RMS Omega provides a wide range of sizes to suit your printing needs. Labels come with either a 1 inch or 3 inch core.
Thermal Transfer Labels
Thermal Transfer Labels use the same basic technology as direct thermal, but with the elimination of chemically-coated media in favor of a non-sensitized face stock and a special inked ribbon. A durable polyesterribbon film coated with a dry thermal transfer ink is placed between the thermal printhead and label. The thermal printhead is used to melt the ink onto the label surface, where it cools and anchors to the media surface. The polyester ribbon is then peeled away, leaving behind a stable, passive image.