Ever since Zebra discontinued the MC55(AO/NO), we’ve been waiting to see what it’s newer enhanced replacement model would have to offer. The MC55X Healthcare Mobile Computer is the refreshed replacement to legacy MC55 models.
With a similar form factor on the outside, the MC55X is pure business on the inside. This new mobile computer lets your workers access hospital applications, scan barcodes, snap a photo, view a video, and place a private or push-to-talk call to virtually anyone in your facility — all on a single device.
Things You Should Know about the MC55X Healthcare Mobile Computer
Pretty much, the MC55X is the new, improved, and enhanced version of the MC55. If you’re currently using the MC55, you probably have a few questions about the new MC55X Healthcare Mobile Computer. Here are some things you should know.
- All existing peripherals and accessories for the MC55 will be compatible with the MC55X.
- The MC55X will have the latest generation imager engine for 1D and 2D barcode reading.
- Images that the color camera can capture include a full page document, signature, snapshot of a scene, and snapshot of damaged equipment and shipment.
- The MC55X has a 3.5 inch VGA backlit display.
- It comes with a standard choice of Numeric of QWERTY keypads (both options have a backlight).
- This mobile computer supports Windows Mobile 6.5.
- The MC55X is disinfectant-ready.
- It supports 802.11 a/b/g/n.
Here are the key difference and similarities of the MC55 and MC55X:
The MC55X healthcare mobile computer is equipped with several innovative features that are designed to improve your facility.
- High powered platform
- Wireless connectivity
- Government-grade security over virtually any WLAN
- Automate the capture of virtually any data type
- Pure business on the inside, smart styling on the outside
- Most rugged design in this class
- Capture the data you need when and where you need it
- The intelligence to sense and act on the environment
- Unparalleled voice functionality and quality