RFID readers, printers, tags and accessories provide a higher level of efficiency and security.
RMS Omega can help you determine if RFID is the right fit for your data collection needs.
From admissions and administration, through points-of-care to managing equipment and supplies, an RFID solution provides an efficient, cost-effective information system to support best practices in inpatient service. RMS Omega has more than 15 years of experience to help you develop a package of RFID software, tags, printers, and readers that are the best for your operations.
Benefits of RFID Technology
The key features of RFID technology solutions include:
- Tags do not have to be seen in order to read the data so tracking product or people can occur from anywhere within a predetermined range
- No limit to the amount of data that can be stored
- Capacity to read up to 200 tags at once
- No tight controls about the position of tags on the item as long as they are not blocked by metals or water
- Functional inside and outside, even in harsh environments
This flexibility with RFID results in faster workflow, increased productivity and greater accuracy than a manual or barcode system.
Components of RFID Tracking Systems
There are three main components to RFID tracking solutions:
- Printers which digitally encode accurate, complete data in the RFID tag; either desktop or handheld to be at point-of-application
- RFID tags or labels that are available with many options such as Gen1 or Gen2, HF or UHF, depending on what you need for storage capacity, substances in the environment, reading distance and volume to be processed at one time
- Readers that can be fixed or handheld, depending on the flexibility needed for volume, configuration or storage facility, the density of data images and visibility in the field; some devices can also read barcode images
Learn more about using RFID in healthcare
If you are considering a switch to an RFID tracking solution, or an upgrade to the system you already have, don’t be overwhelmed by all the options available. Our team of specialists can walk you through your operations, identify your need, and recommend the best solutions for your particular business.