RMS Omega’s RestEasy™ RFID Solution
With RMS Omega’s Patented RFID technology, a line of sight is not required to scan and collect patient data. Nurses can quickly scan and identify a patient without adjusting or disturbing them regardless of their position or orientation. By utilizing a combination of barcodes (1D and or 2D), UHF RFID technology, and human-readable text for positive patient identification, the patient’s experience is greatly enhanced and caregivers’ workflows are shortened dramatically. Hospitals use the RestEasy RFID solution to positively identify a patient and also confirm custody of a child or infant, breast milk tracking, medication administration, and specimen tracking. You can also use strategically placed fixed-mount readers to achieve positive patient tracking.
Using RFID to positively identify your patients without disturbing them.
When a patient’s barcoded wristband is unreachable due to environmental factors, location, or equipment (such as an infant isolette), RMS Omega’s UHF RFID technology can safely read through the equipment or blankets without having to disturb the patient. This solution also eliminates the potential to get the scanner’s beam in a patient’s eyes. RestEasy RFID Wristbands are both soft and comfortable, even for babies, featuring adjustable adhesive closures to fit patients of all shapes and sizes.
- RFID provides instant verification. There is no need to get close or adjust the patient to scan a barcode.
- Use RFID to identify patients in the OR, NICU, and ICU. Verify patients through blankets, clothing, isolettes & drapes.
- Wristbands contain a specialized passive RFID tag tested for optimal use in medical environments.
- RMS Omega’s UHF RFID readers can quickly and easily scan barcodes in addition to RFID tags. Hospitals can choose the reader that best suits their needs, including Bluetooth®, cordless, and corded versions.
Collect patient information from 18 inches away through blankets and clothing using UHF RFID readers and specialized patient ID wristbands.
UHF radio frequency identification (RFID) technology allows your staff to efficiently collect patient data without moving or adjusting the patient to scan a barcode. RMS Omega has developed an effective combination of specialized wristbands equipped with passive RFID tags and corresponding readers to verify patient information from a pre-determined distance. A passive RFID tag can be read from anywhere within range of the reader. You can adjust both the read range and frequency levels based on the RFID equipment selected and also the specific needs of each hospital.
Using RFID in the NICU – Safely scan through isolettes without disrupting the baby.
RestEasy RFID allows you to positively identify infants in the NICU without having to un-swaddle or wake them. Using a comfortable, adjustable RFID infant ankle band, the RFID reader can read through both the isolette and swaddle blankets. This solution also eliminates the potential for the scanner beam to get in a baby’s eyes.
- Promotes sleeping in the NICU – important for recovery, growth, and development of very young and sick babies.
- Protects baby’s eyes – Keep scanner beams away from baby’s face and provide accurate identification through padded isolette covers.