Improving Healthcare Communications With Voice Communication Solutions
As every administrator knows, effective communication in healthcare is a keystone of efficient medical practices. Whether you work in an acute health hospital, a long term care facility or a large community clinic, you recognize that nurses and other healthcare professionals need to be continually sending and receiving information pertinent to patient care.
RMS Omega has helped many healthcare facilities put in place hospital communication systems that ensure patient information is available electronically at a nursing station or on a mobile computer. Healthcare workers have immediate access to whatever has been recorded about patient medical history, tests, and treatment.
However, even given that apparent efficiency, these busy environments present their own particular challenges for both written and spoken messaging.
Communication Challenges & Impact
Anything that compromises excellent patient care is considered a challenge you want to address. Such issues range from excessive noise in hospital hallways to the inability to reach an emergency specialist. Additional challenges in healthcare include:
- Seeking help for patient trauma
- Searching for a wandering patient
- Coordinating movement of a patient from, for example, his room to physical therapy or stress test
- Tracking down equipment such as an IV stand or commode
- Reporting a malfunction such as a broken wheelchair, especially when a replacement is needed immediately
- Searching for particular staff
- General paging for staff deployment
- Verifying test results or treatment orders while the patient waits for the next procedure
- Dealing with security issues such as unruly visitors or unexpectedly aggressive patient
- Coordinating admission of the patient from the emergency room with medical staff, porters and housekeeping
Committed nurses, doctors, and other healthcare workers should have their focus on patient care not dealing with inefficiencies in communication. Such inefficiencies result in:
- Loss of productivity
- Less than excellent patient care
- Unsafe conditions for patients
- Frustrated, distracted employees
- Frustrated patients and families
- Scattered equipment
- Wasted time and money
If this scenario is familiar to you, it is probably time for you to consult the RMS Omega team. Together you can review your healthcare operations in detail to see where up to date technology voice communication solutions would improve in your healthcare facility.
Mobile Voice Solutions
An obvious voice communication solution in healthcare is a mobile voice system. Our professionals are confident they can analyze your needs and recommend the appropriate hardware and software that is fit for your operation.
There is software available to accommodate complete network integration, including:
- Direct, immediate voice contact with an individual or with a group
- Text, email and file transfer
- Interaction with a range of mobile devices such as computers, smartphones, and two-way radios
Benefits of a Voice Solution
RMS Omega guarantees you will immediately see benefits from installing voice technology for the employees in your healthcare facility, including:
- Secure and reliable communication for healthcare personnel.
- Streamlined workflow
- Increased productivity
- Direct communication resulting in both increased accuracy and understanding of instructions and patient information
- Increased collaboration due to ease of communication
- Improved task management
- Overall improvement in the patent care experience
- Overall improvement in staff satisfaction
As a healthcare administrator, you will want to see the cost-effectiveness of installing a voice solution for your employees. RMS Omega can provide you with examples of many satisfied customers who have been able to conduct cost-benefit analyses to demonstrate significant savings per year.
At RMS Omega, we are ready to work with you to review your healthcare processes and draw on our more than 20 years of successful corporate experience to recommend a solution that is just right for your organization.