RFID Wristbands for Healthcare & Beyond
Hospitals and other healthcare facilities use wristbands extremely frequently. However, wristbands can also be used in applications such as access control, events, amusement parks and more. Wristbands are an easy way for companies to store information.Learn more about our different industry solutions.
RFID wristbands have an inlay that is comfortable for people to wear and specifically engineered for contact with human skin. The main benefit of using RFID wristbands is that there is no line of sight needed to be able to collect information.
Features of RFID wristbands include:
- Soft and cushioning so they’re highly comfortable.
- Hypo-allergenic adhesive allowing everyone to be able to wear them.
- The material is hydrophobic so it’s designed for direct skin contact in medical and surgical applications.
- Primer layer comprised of a water-soluble polymer coated directly onto the thermal sensitive layer.
- Includes RFID inlay (chip and antenna).
- The thermal sensitive layer comprised of a polymeric binder, a sensitizer, a developer, and a leuco dye coated directly on the base material.
- Heat resistant top coating comprised of a cross-linked, photopolymerized acrylic polymer coated directly onto the primer layer.
Wristbands in the Hospital
With RFID wristbands, nurses can quickly scan and identify patients without having to adjust or wake them. Wristbands are soft and comfortable, featuring adjustable adhesive closures to fit patients of all sizes. Handheld RFID readers can also be used to capture barcodes to verify patient medications, specimens, charts, and more.
RFID wristbands are used in RestEasy RFID, a patented solution by RMS Omega that allows nurses to identify and collect information for infants in the NICU using RFID technology. Learn more about RestEasy RFID and our other healthcare solutions.