Gain Insight Over Work-In-Process with RFID Tracking Software
Tracking production through various stages is challenging. RFID work-in-process (WIP) software automates tracking through production stages, helping organizations quickly track parts and materials, lower waste, and identify bottlenecks. With RFID tags, leading RFID readers, and RFID WIP tracking software, organizations can quickly gain increased visibility over production. In turn, they can leverage this data to accelerate throughput and eliminate operating costs.
Benefits of an RFID Work-In-Process Tracking Software
Obtain complete visibility of your production and work orders from start to finish. Work-in-process tracking software provides real-time location monitoring and alerts – helping you stay on time, identify bottlenecks, and adjust schedules to meet deadlines on the fly. Since RFID does not require a direct line of sight, it allows you to automate the tracking of production without stopping to find and scan barcodes. Working in conjunction with RFID readers, WIP tracking software provides these key features for manufacturers:
- Visual your factory floor – Live dashboard maps provide next-level visibility of the manufacturing floor.
- Locate orders – Quickly locate orders and eliminate time spent hunting down open jobs live locations and mobile “search-and-find”.
- Maximize delivery times – Use automated alerts, smart rules, and live queues to prioritize workloads and stay ahead of schedule.
- Optimize productivity – Bypass manual data entry and sorting with automated data collection and reporting.
Building a Complete WIP Tracking Solution
RFID WIP tracking solutions help organizations increase production visibility, track orders, minimize losses, and optimize productivity. While tracking software will serve as the brain and central dashboard for your system, you will need some additional components for collecting, aggregating, and feeding data to your software.
- RFID Tags – tested tags for your exact asset type and environmental challenges.
- Handheld Readers – gun-style mobile readers for tracking down missing item(s).
- Fixed Readers – create checkpoints and zones that prompt the software to trigger notifications on workflow progression.
- Antennas – link your fixed reader data to your software.
- Printers – encode your own RFID labels in-house and print on demand.
Implementing WIP Software
Getting started with RFID requires a little bit more than buying a reader and slapping a tag on what you want to track. Our solutions are strategically designed for your facility’s requirements. As a result, we take the time to evaluate which combination of RFID tags, readers, antennas, printers, and software will work best for your specific application.
Most process tracking solutions start with an onsite visit. This allows our experienced team to get a better idea of your facility’s unique layout, challenges, and processes. From there, our team will outline a technology recommendation and scope of work. Ultimately, our goal is to provide customers with a complete solution that makes operations more accurate and transparent. When you work with RMS Omega, we will be your one-stop for industry-leading RFID hardware, software, tags, service, and knowledge.